Case Study: Kingston Wharves Limited
May 11, 2012
Founded in 1945, Kingston Wharves Limited (KWL) is one of the Caribbean's leading multipurpose terminal operators. Listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange, with net assets of US$ 54 million, the Company has experienced steady growth and boasts a steady profit stream with a high proportion of retained earning ploughed back into the business. Kingston Wharves Limited operates a terminal in Port Bustamante, just east and adjoining Kingston Container Terminal. The 25 hectare terminal offers 22 hectare of open storage with 30,000 square meters of covered warehousing and cold storage. The company also has 53, 000 square meters of secure off-dock storage for motor vehicles. Its highly trained staff and comprehensive range of terminal equipment, including three Gottwald mobile harbour cranes, are available to perform the most demanding stevedoring functions. Committed to continual improvement, Kingston Wharves Ltd has made substantial investments in the past five years upgrading the terminal's infrastructure and administrative operations. KWL is in position to take advantage of marketing opportunities presented by the anticipated growth in international trade and the domestic economy.
- Addressed the following technical challenges with Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra.
- Data growth
- Slow data recovery from disk and/or tape
- Need or desire to reduce tape shipping with optimized replications
- Ensuring disaster recovery/business continuity
- High storage consumption
- 100-499 employees
- Reported they back up the following applications with Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra:
- MS SQL Server
- Backs up the following Line of Business applications with Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra:
- Backs up 0-5 locations/sites sites with Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra.
- Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra provided:
- Fast and easy installation – agentless architecture made it easy to get up and running without any impact to day-to-day operations
- Accountability – access to real-time reports and e-mail notifications that ensure backups are successful
- Peace of mind – Dakota Backup ensures that everything backed up is restorable through data integrity checks
- Network and storage optimization – reduction in the amount of data being transferred and stored through deduplication and other data compressions techniques
- Data security– critical company and customer assets are protected and they hold the key for decryption
- Tiered backup and recovery – ability to align the value of data with the cost of protecting it
- Achieved the following with Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra.
- Achieved business practice growth with existing resources who are able to focus on more time on strategic initiatives
- Supported organization’s data growth without significant resource and technology investments
- Strengthened ability to sustain reputation and maintain credibility with customers
- Working with Dakota Backup Cloud Backup™ Service Powered by Asigra has increased their confidence in Cloud Computing.
“When it comes to the impact Dakota Backup has had on my business, I think of three simple words… peace of mind.”
“We have 2 data centers, over 25 Servers and about 60 GB of Data and growing”
Last Modified: 05-11-2012-13:24:41