- Can data be restored to a different machine on our network?
Yes, the restore data can be redirected as desired. You are able to browse the network and provide connection credentials for the redirected restore location, just as you do for creating the backup set.
- Can you restore a whole backup set to a point in time, e.g. last Monday?
Yes, Dakota Backup will display all the files that were backed up on any given day. Providing the backed up files have not been deleted by an administrator or overwritten by more recent versions, then it is possible to restore up to any given date.
- How does Dakota Backup handle message level restores for emails?
The Message Level Restore (MLR) module allows users to selectively backup and restore individual mailboxes and email messages for one user or for an entire email server, depending on needs. Using selective filtering, users can save time and resources by restoring only selected mailboxes or emails, instead of having to restore the entire Exchange, Domino or GroupWise servers.
- Can an individual file be restored?
Yes, you can restore an individual file and also specify which version you want to restore.
- At what point is the data available for restore?
The data is available for restore immediately after it has been backed up and is confirmed to be held offsite..